Thursday, February 16, 2012

Why I love the new (beta) messages program from Apple

If you're an all apple family like we are, the introduction of the iMessages protocol was great.  That protocol allows text messages get sent over the internet instead of SMS.

The new Messages program fills an important gap -- the ability to send and receive messages on a laptop/desktop computer.  For most people, this is a nice to have, but for me, this is fantastic.  Because I'm on planes a lot, there's a lot of time where my phone is not connected to anything.  But since all planes (at least all Delta planes) offer WiFi, I am on my MacBook or iPad constantly during a flight.  And if I want to text with my wife while I'm up in the air, now I can.

OK, maybe some of you won't think this is a great advancement, but for me, it's a real plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment